Turn to page 8 and you’ll find out you don’t know jack, well Jack Korbutov that is. Lauren Onsa interviewed Jack for the fall issue of Pharmacy Marketing Quarterly. Check out the article in the magazine and keep reading to learn more about Jack’s marketer Drew Goldstein.
You Don’t Know Drew an Interview with Lauren Onsa
LO: How did you get into the field of Compound Pharmacy?
DG: I was diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis in both of my feet right after I graduated college. After trying a combination of treatments, I met Jack and he brought to my attention that he could make a cream that would help suppress the pain. Sure enough, the cream has worked great and I have been using it ever since. Fortunately for me, Jack was also looking for a marketer at the time.
LO: What is it like working with Jack?
DG: Working with Jack for the past 7 months has been great. Jack has helped educate myself with compounding practices and has helped me understand how compounding can help certain patient populations. Jack has also attended the meetings I had set up to educate the doctors on how compounding can benefit their patients.
LO: What is your advice to a fellow marketer?
DG: My advice to a fellow marketer would be to stay focused and motivated. Take one day at a time and try not to stress yourself out. Rarely are you going to get a one hit success. Frequent visits are what the doctors and nurses remember.
Letco Medical 20th anniversary Q/A
We sat down with our friends at Letco Medical to wish them a happy 20th birthday! Joshua Van Vooren, Vice President of Sales, answered a few questions for us about Letco Medical and what they offer you, their customer. For more about Letco Medical, visit them online at LetcoMedical.com or on Facebook by clicking here.
PMQ: Who is the ideal Letco Medical customer?
JV: Letco Medical customers are established compounders that have a passion for compounding. These are customers that are looking to expand their practice by partnering with a supplier as a long term business partner. Letco Medical can help them expand their compounding business and enhance their ability to help provide affordable personalized custom medications for their patients.
PMQ: What services does Letco Medical offer?
JV: Letco Medical is a company designed to supply compounding pharmacies with an extensive line of high quality chemicals, supplies, equipment, capsules, and bases; along with personal customer service, technical support and the fastest delivery times in the industry. Letco Medical is the essential supply line enabling compounders to improve the quality of life for patients in need of customized medications.
Letco’s services also include:
- A dedicated Sales team that collaborates with compounding pharmacy owners, managers and staff to grow their business
- An Operations team that ensures Quality Assurance processes deliver the best products available
- Letco Medical utilizes independent analytical laboratories as well as validated in-house test methods for analysis of our chemical products. Letco has a defined process to approve suppliers, which includes Standard Operating Procedures for Supplier Site Assessment and Supplier Quality Audits.
- A Professional Services team that provides formulation assistance and advanced technical support to compounding business partners
- Basic Formula Database of over 1,000 formulas
- General consulting on compounding market segments
- Sterile compounding consultation
- Clean room design
- Most generous Next Day Air shipping policy in the industry
- Partnership with a broad range of buying groups and group purchasing organizations that allow individual business owners to leverage better pricing
- Collaboration with pharmacy education providers to deliver basic and advanced compounding training
- Colleges of Pharmacy
- American College of Apothecaries
- Corporate sponsor of national pharmacy organizations that ensure our customers and their patients have access to the specialized compounded preparations they need.
- International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists (IACP)
- American College of Apothecaries (ACA)
- National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA)
- Letco Sales and Professional Services team members serve on Boards of Directors and committees of national pharmacy organizations.
- IACP Foundation
PMQ: Where is Letco Medical headed in the next twenty years?
JV: Letco Medical is continually developing and changing with our compounding customers and the landscape of the marketplace. Letco Medical is committed to, and up to, the challenge of meeting these constantly evolving needs. We are collaborating with IACP, ACA, NCPA and other industry organizations to provide the best products, services and support available. In addition, Letco is actively partnering with buying groups and The Harvard Drug Group, our parent company and wholesaler, to bring preferred status and special affordable options to our customers. Simply stated, Letco Medical seeks to elevate the practice of customized medicine as a recognized and valuable part of the U.S healthcare delivery system.
Of course, the most valuable resource a pharmacy has at its disposal is the human resource and speciality knowledge of its pharmacist and support staff. That’s why we’re delighted that we are sharing an excerpt from the book Choose Yourself! by James Altucher in this issue. Read the excerpt on page 20 in Pharmacy Marketing Quarterly.
Check out our infographic on IACP’s Compounders on Capital Hill. It’s on page 33 of Pharmacy Marketing Quarterly.
The first in a series of articles on strategies for using your iPad during doctor detailing.
“Intimate, intuitive, and fun is how Steve Jobs described using the first iPad. If you could make each office visit more intimate, intuitive, and fun, why wouldn’t you?” Read the entire article on page 14 of Pharmacy Marketing Quarterly.